MSC Cruises Pre-Contractual Information
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. MSC CRUISES SA (“MSC”) will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. Additionally, as required by law, MSC has protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent.
Click here to download the PDF version of the MSC Cruises pre-contractual information
Key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302
- Passengers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Passengers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organizer or the travel agent.
- Passengers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the passenger may terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to a price increase, the passenger has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Ppassengers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, passengers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Passengers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, passengers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the passenger at no extra cost. Passengers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organizer fails to remedy the problem.
- Passengers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organizer has to provide assistance if the passenger is in difficulty.
- If the organizer or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organizer or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the passengers is secured. Organizer has taken out an appropriate insolvency protection that passengers may contact directly. In case that services are denied because of organizer’s insolvency, the competent authority can be contacted. (contact details, including name, geographical address, email and telephone number)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO THE MSC CRUISES PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION DUE TO COVID 19 EMERGENCY FOR CRUISES SAILING 1ST AUGUST 2020 AND/OR ANY LATER DATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.Due to Covid 19 emergency, Passengers are asked to carefully read, acknowledge and accept the following measures that will be in force during the cruise, starting from the departure until disembarkation:
- Passengers are invited to wear a mask and bring with them a sanitizing gel on their way from home to the ship.
- Each Passenger named in the Booking will receive with the ticket an health questionnaire to be filled in, signed and given to the medical staff at the berth not earlier that 6 hours before embarkation.
- Passengers travelling from high risks countries, based on guidelines from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, will be required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test within 72 hours before boarding. Tests results will be required at embarkation and in case of positivity, boarding will be denied on the grounds of safety.
- Passengers are required to arrive on the pier according to the time schedules indicated in the cruise ticket to reduce the risks of mass gatherings.
- Before boarding the ship and at each time of embarkation after a shore excursion, Passengers will undergo a temperature screening. In case of temperature equal or above 37.5 degrees/99.5 F°, boarding will be denied on the grounds of safety.
- Should the medical staff deem it appropriate, Passengers may be subject to further testing and medical evaluation until cleared for boarding.
During the cruise
- Passengers shall be subject to daily temperature checks and/or any other health and safety measures as deemed appropriate by the Company, the ship’s doctor or the Master.
- Free medical assessments for any COVID-19 related symptoms will be available throughout the cruise.
- Passengers shall abide by the measures prescribed by the Company to implement social distancing between passengers - as well as between passengers and crew- in all public spaces in accordance to the guidelines given by the Authorities.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, Passengers shall be required to wear face masks.
- All entertainment activities shall be organized according to specific protocols to be followed on board, including but not limited to, cleaning and disinfection of the materials, limiting number of participants, social distancing, wearing of face mask where necessary.
- With the aim to protect passenger’s health, reduce its risk of infection while ashore and make sure that every aspect of the passenger’s experience during an excursion is fully in line with the on-board standards of health and hygiene, getting off the ship during a port call is permitted only in a context of a Shore Excursion organized by MSC Cruises. The Company reserves the right not to admit on board any Passenger who disembarked the ship on its own.